SESSION ONE: January 23, 2024
Manager as Coach: The Fundamentals
Managing and motivating an increasingly diverse workforce, along with a blend of virtual, hybrid and distributed teams, poses unique challenges. To meet these challenges and positively influence employee performance, today’s managers must shift from traditional management approaches to more of a coaching role. When managers provide guidance and support through coaching, teams are more high-performing, collaborative, and engaged. For organizations, a strong coaching culture leads to increased productivity and reduced turnover, which helps keep important knowledge in-house. Learn how to apply the power of coaching to unlock your workforce’s full potential and create a climate of growth and success.
- Explore the role of manager as coach
- Discover the impact of coaching upon performance and engagement
- Identify essential coaching skills needed by every manager
- Apply practical tools and resources to sharpen your coaching skills
- Leverage coaching to build the strengths of your team and foster a climate of growth
SESSION TWO: January 25, 2024
Manager as Coach: Coaching Scenarios
This session is designed as a highly interactive and experiential follow-up to Manager as Coach: The Fundamentals. The focus will be on identifying situations or scenarios that make it difficult or challenging for managers to adopt a coaching-centered approach. Scenarios will be customized and based upon participants’ common experiences. Guidelines and take-away resources will be provided to help participants successfully manage these scenarios and identify what’s most critical to address in the moment.
Pre-requisite: Manager as Coach: The Fundamentals
Pre-Work: Participants will be asked to respond to a very short survey about common challenges so that the facilitator can create relevant and appropriate scenarios
- Identify scenarios that make it difficult to apply coaching fundamentals
- Discover tips, tools, and resources for managing difficult situations
- Problem-solve common challenges during breakout discussions
- Practice applying tips, tools, and guidelines to increase your effectiveness as a coach
Meet the Instructor
Holly Burkett, PhD, SPHR is an accomplished Marshall Goldsmith Stakeholder Centered coach, talent builder, and change agent, who is passionate about developing collaborative, engaged, and high-performing leaders and teams. An award-winning learning professional, sought-after speaker and author, and experienced business adviser to such clients as Apple, Blue Cross, and National Park Service.
Registration limited to 15 seats
An attendee must notify NTC of a cancellation prior to the beginning of the event in order to have fees removed or a refund issued. Attendees who do not attend without notifying Continuing Education will be responsible for payment of all course fees and will not be eligible for a refund.