We would like to take a proactive approach to ensure the safety, health and wellbeing of the NTC campus community.
- Antibacterial hand sanitizer stations located at all campus locations are being routinely filled. Facilities staff are regularly disinfecting high-touch areas and conducting thorough sanitization in addition to regularly scheduled cleanings. Computer labs are also equipped with disinfectant wipes.
- We encourage you to please continue to monitor yourself for respiratory symptoms. At the present time, these symptoms are more likely due to influenza or other respiratory viruses than to COVID-19-related virus. To limit the spread of disease, everyone on campus must consider it prudent to stay home from work or school until they are symptom free.
- While it’s important to take appropriate steps to limit the spread of infection, we don’t want to make you uncomfortable interacting with students or campus colleagues. Remember that a student or colleague may still sneeze due to allergies or cough due to a cold. Simply being in the same room with other people is not considered a high-risk activity.
As a reminder, you can support your own good health with proper respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based sanitizers are also effective.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people. Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
- If you get sick, the CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them.
Our commitment is to maintain a healthy NTC campus community. This is a constantly evolving situation. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times together while being mindful of the safety and health of our entire community. We will provide additional information and updates as they are available through the updates section of this page.