Most scholarships will be turned into the organization you are applying to. Some will be turned into the NTC Financial Aid office directly.
Contact the Financial Aid office at email@example.com for any questions.
Available Scholarship Opportunities
Scholarships are listed by program area and application due date. Please review applications for further details as opportunities and guidelines can change and vary from one scholarship to another.
Health / Nursing
|App. Due Date||Scholarship Applications|
|Various||Medical Assistant Certification Scholarships|
|June 30 & December 31 Annually||Healthcare Scholarship|
|January 29 Annually||Healthcare Leaders Scholarship|
|For students graduating by Spring 2024||Collaboration of Wisconsin Rural Investment in Community Healthcare (COW RICH) Grant|
|For students graduating + working by June 2025||Client Assistance Program (CAP) Services’ Skills Enhancement Program|
USEFUL SCHOLARSHIP WEBSITES
- ScholarshipOwl - For Wisconsin Scholarships
- Unigo - For Wisconsin Scholarships
- CollegeScholarships - For Wisconsin Scholarships
Free Scholarship Searches
TFS Scholarship Database
TFS Scholarships (TFS) is an independent service that provides free access to scholarship opportunities for aspiring and current undergraduate, graduate, and professional students. The TFS database contains more than 7 million scholarships representing more than $41 billion in college funding. In addition to its vast database that’s refreshed with 5,000 new scholarships every month, TFS also offers information about career planning, financial aid, and federal and private student loan programs as part of its commitment to helping students fund their future. Learn more at tuitionfundingsources.com.
- College Board
- FastWEB Search
- MyScholly Scholarship Search
- Scholarship Experts
- Community Foundation of North Central Wisconsin
- State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board
- Federal Student Aid
- Look Forward To Your Future WI
- State of Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions
UMOS National Farmworkers Jobs Program
The UMOS National Farmworkers Jobs Program (NFJP) is designed to help job seekers access employment, education, training, and supportive services to succeed in the labor market. The program can assist current or future students with tuition, weekly stipends, housing, books and more.
Please Note: The amount of funding for the UMOS National Farmworker Jobs Program varies by program year. Students may register with UMOS at any time. To be eligible for the program students must be: legally authorized to work in the United States, must have done farm-work in the last two years (work with crops, Christmas trees, nursery, dairy, fishery, poultry, or anything else related to farm work), low income, and males must be registered with Selective Service.
What to Do After Receiving an External Scholarship
Did you receive a scholarship check directly from a high school, business or other organization?
If a scholarship check has been mailed directly to you, our Student Finance staff will be happy to assist in getting those funds applied to your student account for tuition payment. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Write your student ID # on the check.
- If the check is made payable only to you, please deposit the check and initiate a payment to the college using cash, personal check, or charge.
- If the check is made payable to you and NTC, please sign the back of the check and mail to the Wausau campus at:
Northcentral Technical College
1000 W Campus Drive
Attn: Student Finance
Wausau WI 54401
- Or deliver the check to the campus most convenient for you. All regional campuses will forward checks to the Wausau office for processing.
The Financial Aid office will review the scholarship and student account. Student Finance will post the scholarship payment to the student account usually within 3-5 business days.