Student Portal : Graduation Planning
Apply for Graduation
You’ve reached your final semester and you’re ready to graduate! Even if you don’t plan to participate in the ceremony, you need to request to graduate from your program. Follow the process below to complete your request for graduation.
- Log in to MyNTC.
- Select TRANSCRIPTS & GRADES from the left navigation menu.
- Click APPLY FOR GRADUATION on the left side bar.
- Click APPLY under the desired graduation date (either December or May). If it reads VIEW/UPDATE, you may already have an active grad application. Please review and update as necessary (such as attending ceremony).
- Complete or update the form.
Note: If you are finishing your final requirements in the Spring or Summer semesters, please apply for Spring Graduation. Follow the link below for additional NTC graduation policies.
Graduation Ceremony Information
Spring 2022 Graduation
Date: Saturday, May 21 | Time: 9:00 a.m. | Location: Wausau West High School
You’ve worked hard and it will soon be time to celebrate. Our spring 2022 graduation is right around the corner! Here’s what you need to know:
- All communication regarding graduation will be sent to your NTC student email account. Check it often for the most current details and deadlines.
- All students – whether you are participating in the graduation ceremony or not – need to apply to graduate by April 13. This alerts Records to check your coursework and ultimately process your diploma.
- Diplomas will be mailed 6-8 weeks after grading day to students who have met all requirements. Check your address in MyNTC to ensure it is accurate so there isn’t a delay in your diploma being mailed.
- If your name has changed and needs to be updated, please work with Records to do so right away so it appears correctly in our graduation program and on your diploma.
For information about what to expect during the ceremony, how to get your regalia/tickets, and more FAQs, please visit our graduation event page.
Fall 2022 Graduation
Date: Saturday, December 10 | Time: TBD | Location: TBD
Please check back in mid-October for more information regarding the fall (December 2022) graduation.
Academic Regalia are required to participate in the commencement ceremony. Student graduation regalia have already been purchased through student fees and consist of:
Only academic-related additions to the regalia will be allowed as follows:
- White cord: Outstanding Graduate of a program
- Gold cord: A cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Red, white and blue cord: Students who have served in the armed services
- Pins awarded to Nursing and Dental Hygiene students indicating the completion of their program
- The gold stole of Phi Theta Kappa
- Other items signifying Phi Theta Kappa Membership, including ceremonial tassel, cord, or medallion
- Tasteful adornments to the cap limited to the representation of the degree being granted
- Graduates may wear religious and culturally-based adornments in ceremony. For example, Native students may wear eagle feathers or other culturally significant items in a manner consistent with their individual and tribal religious beliefs and traditions.