Apply for Graduation
You’ve reached your final semester and you’re ready to graduate! Even if you don’t plan to participate in the ceremony, you need to request to graduate from your program. Follow the process below to complete your request for graduation.
- Log in to MyNTC.
- Select TRANSCRIPTS & GRADES from the left navigation menu.
- Click APPLY FOR GRADUATION on the left side bar.
- Click APPLY under the desired graduation date (either December or May). If it reads VIEW/UPDATE, you may already have an active grad application. Please review and update as necessary (such as attending ceremony).
- Complete or update the form.
Note: If you are finishing your final requirements in the Spring or Summer semesters, please apply for Spring Graduation. Follow the link below for additional NTC graduation policies.
Graduation Ceremony Information
Fall 2020 Graduation
Fall 2020 Graduates: Whether or not you plan to participate in the enhanced virtual ceremony, please apply for graduation using the Graduation Application link in MyNTC.
Spring/Summer 2020 Graduates: Please stay tuned to your email for a registration form which you’ll fill out to advise you want to participate in the enhanced ceremony.
As we continue to work through the challenges COVID-19 has presented, NTC has made the decision to honor Spring, Summer and Fall 2020 graduates with an enhanced virtual commencement ceremony on December 19, 2020.
We would like to offer graduates the opportunity to share their accomplishments with family, friends and loved ones in a personalized way where each graduate will be highlighted. In this enhanced ceremony, the name of each graduate will be announced as a photo of them in their regalia is displayed with their program and hometown information.
Graduation is about more than walking across the stage to collect a diploma. It symbolizes the beginning of the next phase of life. Even though the ceremony may look different this year, the hard work and educational accomplishments of our students are worth celebrating.
Spring 2021 Graduation
Please check back in late February 2021 for more information regarding the spring (May 2021) graduation.
Academic Regalia are required to participate in the commencement ceremony. Student graduation regalia have already been purchased through student fees and consist of:
Only academic-related additions to the regalia will be allowed as follows:
- White cord: Outstanding Graduate of a program
- Gold cord: A cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Red, white and blue cord: Students who have served in the armed services
- Pins awarded to Nursing and Dental Hygiene students indicating the completion of their program
- The gold stole of Phi Theta Kappa
- Other items signifying Phi Theta Kappa Membership, including ceremonial tassel, cord, or medallion
- Tasteful adornments to the cap limited to the representation of the degree being granted
- Graduates may wear religious and culturally-based adornments in ceremony. For example, Native students may wear eagle feathers or other culturally significant items in a manner consistent with their individual and tribal religious beliefs and traditions.