Apply for Graduation
You’ve reached your final semester and you’re ready to graduate! Even if you don’t plan to participate in the ceremony, you need to request to graduate from your program. Follow the process below to complete your request for graduation.
- Log in to MyNTC.
- Select TRANSCRIPTS & GRADES from the left navigation menu.
- Click APPLY FOR GRADUATION on the left side bar.
- Click APPLY under the desired graduation date (either December or May). If it reads VIEW/UPDATE, you may already have an active grad application. Please review and update as necessary (such as attending ceremony).
- Complete or update the form.
Note: If you are finishing your final requirements in the Spring or Summer semesters, please apply for Spring Graduation. Follow the link below for additional NTC graduation policies.
Graduation Ceremony Information
Spring 2020 Graduation
As we continue to work through the challenges COVID-19 has presented, NTC has made the difficult decision to postpone the Spring Graduation Ceremony, scheduled for May 16, 2020. May 2020 graduates will have an opportunity to participate in a mid-year commencement ceremony on December 12, 2020. More information regarding the December ceremony will be provided in the coming months. In the meantime, questions regarding the ceremony can be directed to email@example.com.
Fall 2020 Graduation
To accommodate both spring and fall graduates, we will offer two ceremonies in December, split by Division. Students who complete their final coursework up through summer 2020 will receive an email with information regarding how to RSVP for a ceremony. Students who are on track to complete their final courses in December 2020, will apply for graduation once the application becomes available in September/October.
Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020
Time: 9:00 a.m. - School of Business, Community Services and Virtual College, School of Engineering and Advanced Manufacturing, School of Agriculture, Utilities and Transportation
Time: 12:00 p.m. - School of Health, School of Public Safety, School of General Studies
Location: Grand Theater, Wausau
Duration: Each graduation ceremony will last approximately 1.5 to 2 hours
Academic Regalia are required to participate in the commencement ceremony. Student graduation regalia have already been purchased through student fees and consist of:
Only academic-related additions to the regalia will be allowed as follows:
- White cord: Outstanding Graduate of a program
- Gold cord: A cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
- Red, white and blue cord: Students who have served in the armed services
- Pins awarded to Nursing and Dental Hygiene students indicating the completion of their program
- The gold stole of Phi Theta Kappa
- Other items signifying Phi Theta Kappa Membership, including ceremonial tassel, cord, or medallion
- Tasteful adornments to the cap limited to the representation of the degree being granted
- Graduates may wear religious and culturally-based adornments in ceremony. For example, Native students may wear eagle feathers or other culturally significant items in a manner consistent with their individual and tribal religious beliefs and traditions.