INTRODUCTION TO WELDING
Compares equipment and techniques used in the major arc welding and thermal cutting processes. Learners perform introductory level welds in the SMAW, GMAW, FCAW and GTAW processes. Learners also perform material preparation skills including shearing, grinding and thermal cutting.
Condition: Accepted into a Welding Associate Degree program or Technical Diploma, Electromechanical Technology, Automotive Technology or Diesel Technology Associate Degree program or Automotive Technician, Diesel Equipment Mechanic, Machine Tool, Manufacturing Technician or Agriculture Equipment Technician Technical Diploma, or with Dean or Associate Dean approval.
In Programs Such As...
- Diesel Technology
- Welding Fabrication and Robotics
- Electromechanical Technology
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW)
- Agriculture Equipment Technician
- Diesel Equipment Mechanic
- Manufacturing Technician
- Machine Tool Technics
- Applied Manufacturing & Design Concepts