Applied Manufacturing & Design Concepts 11 Credit Certificate
The Applied Manufacturing & Design Concepts Certificate provides learners with introductory hands-on knowledge of many of the common manufacturing processes used to produce parts, as well as hands on utilization of 3D CAD drawing software used to design parts.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Create a team/collaborative working environment
- Work closely with designers as parts are being modeled
- Design more cost effective parts through a more in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and CAD/CAM programming basics
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Tool & Die Apprentice
- Welding Sales and Service
- Maintenance Welder
- Milling Machine Operator
- Production Machinist
- Production Welder
- Surface Grinder Operator
- Design Drafter
- Product Designer
- Engineering Technician
- CNC Programmer
- Combination Welder
- Jig and Fixture Builder
- Job Shop Machinist
- Lathe Operator
- Machine Setup Operator
- Maintenance Machinist
- CAD Technician
The Applied Manufacturing & Design Concepts Certificate is a 11 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.