Gerontology 14 Credit Certificate
The Gerontology Certificate is intended to give human service professionals a core function of classes centered on the aging population.
This certificate will benefit nurses, nursing assistants and physicians who provide care for the aging population, human service workers who plan to work with older adults and their families in residential care, long-term care, hospitals, clinics and community settings, occupational, recreation and physical therapists who help to optimize the older population’s ability to function well in their daily living and working environments and adult children of aging parents, older adults and general public who have a growing need for understanding the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of aging.
Found in These Career Fields:
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Describe the role of geriatric assessment, health promotion and rehabilitation in client management
- Understand the psychosocial aspects of aging across ethnic groups
- Apply ethical decision-making process to personal and professional situations
- Identify physical, mental and social issues related to aging
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Activities Director
The Gerontology Certificate is a 14 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.