Hardwood Manufacturers 14.45 Credit Certificate
The Hardwood Manufacturers Certificate prepares learners for fast growing, in-demand positions within the hardwood manufacturing industry.
This certificate will help launch you into a life long rewarding career. Endorsed by the Hardwood Manufacturers Association, classes are taught in person and utilize Northcentral Technical College's 27,000 square foot state-of-the-art Wood Technology Center of Excellence.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Scale, grade, and value hardwood logs
- Inspect hardwood lumber applying NHLA grading rules
- Breakdown logs, edge and trim lumber, to maximize profits
- Investigate slicer and rotary veneer manufacturing
- Examine the physical and mechanical properties of wood
- Operate a conventional dry kiln
- Identify hardwood species
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Dry Kiln Operator
- Head Sawyer
- Production Supervisor
- Quality Control Technician
- Hardwood Log Grader/Scaler
- Hardwood Lumber Inspector
The Hardwood Manufacturers Certificate is a 14.45 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.View All Detailed Course Information
This program will next run:
This program will provide training on the following topics:
- Hardwood lumber inspection
- Sawing, edging and trimming to maximize profits
- Hardwood log scaling and grading
- Species identification for hardwood lumber and logs
- Dry kiln operation (drying multiple charges using a steam kiln, DH kiln, and vacuum kiln)
- Hardwood veneer and plywood production
- Hardwood species identification, uses and markets
- Physical and Mechanical Properties of Wood
- Reduce Machining Defects in Wood Products
- Steps to reduce product failure from wood movement
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.