Office Technology Basics 21 Credit Certificate
The Office Technology Basics Certificate is intended to help those with computers at home or in the office who want to acquire or improve their personal computer skills. Individuals that will benefit include: Small Business Owners, Business Operators, Home Office Managers.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Apply accounting principles in a computerized environment
- Perform basic computer maintenance, hardware upgrading and troubleshooting problems common to computer hardware and software
- Manage and store information for manual and automated record systems
- Use the three basic components of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Organize, integrate and manage electronic mail, calendars, tasks, contacts, documents and scheduling
- Manage the Windows desktop, files and folders and customize the system control panel
- Develop touch keyboarding skills
The Office Technology Basics Certificate is a 21 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Office Technology Basics Certificate Earns You:
- 34% of the total credits in the Administrative Professional Associate Degree (21 of 61 credits)
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.