Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to Nursing Associate Degree Bridge Pathway
Northcentral Technical College provides a pathway option that allows individuals who have a current Wisconsin LPN license to bridge their education and training into a Nursing Associate Degree.
How It Works
Step 1: Submit Application
Apply to the Nursing Associate Degree program. When prompted, choose “I’m an LPN.”
Step 2: Submit Academic Standing Form
- Completed Advanced Standing Form must be received directly from institution.
- Students not eligible to return to Nursing program at prior institution are not eligible to enter NTC in Advanced Status. Students not eligible to return will follow traditional Nursing application process.
Step 3: Submit High School Transcript
Must include graduation date (month, day, year).
Step 4: Submit Post-Secondary Transcripts for Transfer Evaluation
In order to graduate with an Associate Degree at NTC, students are required to take 25% of the core program credits (10 credits in 10-543-XXX courses) and 25% of the overall program credits (18 credits) through graded coursework at NTC.
Transfer evaluation may take 4-6 weeks.
Step 5: Meet with your Academic Advisor
You will be required to submit proof of the following, once you’ve met admission requirements:
- copy of your current Wisconsin LPN license
- completion of general studies courses:
- General Anatomy & Physiology
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Developmental Psychology
- Written Communication or English Composition 1
- Oral/Interpersonal Communication
Step 6: Transcript Review
Your transcript(s) will be reviewed by the Nursing Admissions Committee. If approved, you will be notified by your advisor and proceed to the next steps which may include:
- Petition and HESI Test
- Successfully complete the Return to Nursing course the semester prior to entering NTC’s Nursing Program
The approximate cost for this offering is $7,425 (Tuition: $5,534, Books: $1,891).
Ready To Get Started or Have Questions?
For additional information, contact Tim Hinke, Student Success Advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715.803.1527. If you’d prefer to meet one-on-one to discuss your options, please call 715.803.1797 to book an appointment.
Students are expected to complete all core nursing classes in the program within three semesters.
One fail/withdrawal results in removal from the Nursing Program for students in the LPN to Nursing Associate Degree pathway.