Architectural Design Software 9 Credit Technical Diploma
The Architectural Design Software Technical Diploma program is designed for learners seeking entry-level employment as a 2D/3D computer aided design/drafting technician or those looking to increase their computer design skills within the architectural, engineering and/or construction (AEC) industry.
This program will provide the necessary training in computer-based architectural design to meet entry-level competencies for producing a wide range of construction documents in the AEC industry. Learners will receive hands-on training in various 2D and 3D computer aided design systems throughout their associated coursework.
As an Embedded Technical Diploma, this program ladders fully into the Architectural Design & Technology Associate Degree program.
Found in These Career Fields:
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Create preliminary documents for single family, multifamily and light commercial construction
- Apply CAD/BIM technology (2D/3D) in the residential and light commercial design industry
- Apply estimating procedures for single family, multifamily and light commercial construction
- Specify building systems for residential use
- Employ soft skills to accomplish project goals
- Develop construction documents
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Architectural Draftsman
- CAD Technician
- Project Manager
- Sales Representative
- Account Manager
The Architectural Design Software Technical Diploma is a 9 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Architectural Design Software Technical Diploma Earns You:
- 14% of the total credits in the Architectural Design and Technology Associate Degree (9 of 64 credits)
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.