Truck Driving (CDL Class A) 10 Credit Technical Diploma
The Truck Driving (CDL Class A) Technical Diploma program prepares learners with the skills and knowledge to become safe, professional drivers of commercial motor vehicles. This program emphasizes hands-on learning to teach and develop safe driving techniques, shifting, turning, inspections, and common to unusual backing maneuvers. Limited lecture and online materials are used to provide a solid foundation in industry related issues drivers face. Potential occupations include: Over-The-Road Truck Driver, Local Truck Driver, Tractor-Trailer Driver, Straight Truck Driver, Dump Truck Driver, Owner-Operator of a Trucking Business.
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- This program is currently offered at NTC’s CDL Training Center at 1204 W. Taylor St. in Merrill, WI.
- Reviewing the Truck Driving Information Session is highly encouraged before enrolling in classes. To help you better understand the truck driving program, this session includes course information, DOT disqualifications, factors affecting employability, and drug & alcohol testing.
- In order to obtain a commercial driver’s license after completion of this program, you will be required to provide proof of legal status or citizenship.
- Maintaining a valid and clean driving record is important for your success in this industry.
- There are other costs that may be associated with this program, including: Federal Medical Card ($80-150), Commercial Learner Permit Fee ($21), Drug & Alcohol Screening ($65), State CDL Exam Fee ($150).
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.