The Youth Apprenticeship (YA) program is a rigorous one- or two-year elective statewide program that combines academic and technical instruction with mentored, paid, on-the-job learning that makes a real world connection for students.
How Do Youth Apprenticeships Work?
Youth Apprentices work a minimum of 450 hours at their YA worksite each year of their program and take related high school or college classes to enhance their worksite experiences.
High school juniors and seniors from participating North Central Wisconsin School-to-Career Partnership schools are eligible to participate.
Benefits of Youth Apprenticeship
- Follow a career pathway from high school to post-secondary institutions or the workforce
- Earn a paycheck while learning from skilled professionals
- Experience first-hand connections between high school education and real life work
- Increase career awareness and improve future employability
- Receive a state-issued skills certificate which is recognized by employers
- Develop the necessary skills needed for successful entry-level employment
- Earn college credit after completion through Credit for Prior Learning opportunities
Youth Apprenticeship Programs
Youth Apprenticeship programs are available in the following categories:
- Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources
- Architecture and Construction
- Graphic Design/Printing
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Science Technology, Engineering and Math
- Transportation Distribution and Logistics
Participate in Youth Apprenticeship
Midway through your sophomore or junior year, contact the Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator at your high school or the Career Services & Youth Apprenticeship Manager at NTC — Dina Kilinski at 715.803.1190 or firstname.lastname@example.org. They will help you complete your Youth Apprenticeship application portfolio so that you can get started.
Youth Apprenticeship Contacts
|School||Contact Person||Email Address|
|Abbotsford||Nicole Kloth den Otteremail@example.com|
|D.C. Everest||Aaron Hoffmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|D.C. Everest Idea School||Kendra Gilbertsonemail@example.com|
|EEA Learning Academy||Jennifer Golbachfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Newman Catholic||Keri Wulfemail@example.com|
|NTC Alternative High School||Marjorie Bockfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Northland Lutheran||Andrea Stelteremail@example.com|
|Rib Lake||Michelle Rhodesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rural Virtual Academy||Kathy Alexanderemail@example.com|
|Wausau East||Der Lofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wausau West||Taryn Fulleremail@example.com|
|White Lake||Trina Woiakfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wisconsin Valley Lutheran||Lisa Hethermanemail@example.com|