This conference is for substance abuse counselors, recovery coaches and advocates, health care professionals, social workers and service providers.
Wednesday, November 18, 2020 - Clinical Supervision
Online viewing, or potentially in person
- How to write and update an advanced clinical professional development plan.
- Ways to obtain collaborative supervision, on a regular basis.
- Boundary dilemmas and how to address them through clinical supervision and how to "avoid potential pitfalls"
- Self-care for the clinical supervisor.
- Changes in clinical supervision with telehealth.
Thursday, November 19, 2020 - Ethics in the Clinical Relationship
In this presentation you will learn: Principle that guide ethical decision making in the clinical relationship; the Iatrogenic effect and ethical dilemmas; ethics in a trauma informed system of care; the impact of therapist "unfinished business" and ethical dilemmas; how to establish healthy boundaries in the clinical relationship; how pandemics like COVID-19 impact boundaries and ethics; boundaries of physical touch and verbal communication; transference, counter-transference and ethical dilemmas; Ethics and termination.
Objectives: By the end of this workshop you will:
- Be able to utilize 8 principles which can guide ethical decision making
- Be aware of how counselor unfinished business can impact ethics
- Be able to establish healthy boundaries in the clinical relationship
- Be aware of 5 types of transference and how they can impact ethics
- Be able to use counter-transference as a gift to avoid ethical dilemmas
- Be able to terminate the clinical relationship in an ethical manner
Single day registration - $90 / 6 CEUs
Two day registration - $150 /12 CEUs
Important Notice Regarding COVID-19
We at NTC are closely tracking information about COVID-19, including guidance released by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Please know that the health and safety of our attendees is of upmost importance.
At this time, we are proceeding with this conference as planned. If the situation changes, the conference could be moved to a virtual format. Please note, in the instance that NTC cancels the conference, you will receive a 100% refund on registrations fees paid.