(WAUSAU, Wis.) – Northcentral Technical College (NTC) is pleased to announce several new industry-driven programs that begin during the fall 2023 semester. NTC students can select from six new degrees that have been created in response to growing job market needs and feedback from local employers.
Applications are now being accepted at NTC for:
- Hospitality Management Associate Degree
- Smart Manufacturing Technology Associate Degree
- QuickBooks Specialist Technical Diploma
- Therapeutic Massage Technical Diploma
- Nail Technology Certificate
- Pasture to Plate Butchery Certificate
For more information or to apply to one of NTC’s new programs, visit www.ntc.edu or contact Admissions at 715.803.1645.
Overview of New Programs
Hospitality Management Associate Degree
This program will prepare learners with the necessary customer service, room operations, dining room and food service operations skills for an exciting career. Learn about catering and special event planning, as well as hospitality law and liability.
- This program is available 100% online and can be completed in four semesters.
- Average starting salary: $21,382 - $40,010 according to Lightcast
- Potential occupations include: Hotel Manager, Night Manager, Rooms Director, Front Desk Manager, Front Office Director, Front Office Manager, Resort Manager, Guest Services Manager and Bed and Breakfast Innkeeper.
Smart Manufacturing Technology Associate Degree
This program combines foundational coursework in the areas of electromechanical and automation systems with advanced coursework in Industry 4.0 concepts and quality manufacturing. Some of the innovative topics covered in this program include: Industry 4.0 Fundamentals, Vision Guided Robotics, Industrial Internet of Things, Simulation, Artificial Intelligence, and Designing Products in a Smart Factory.
- You can complete this program in four semesters.
- Average starting salary: $33,278-$40,207 according to Lightcast
- Potential occupations include: Automation Technician, Robotic Integrator, System Technologist, Electromechanical Technician and Quality Technician
QuickBooks Specialist Technical Diploma
This program will prepare learners to understand basic accounting fundamentals and provides practical experience in computerized accounting utilizing QuickBooks Online software. Learners will compute, classify and record transactions while maintaining complete financial records in QuickBooks Online.
- This program is available 100% online and can be completed in one semester.
- Average starting salary: $26,489-$33,606 according to Lightcast
- Potential occupations include: Account Clerk, Accounts Receivable Clerk, Accounts Payable Clerk, Accounting Assistant, Accounting Specialist and QuickBooks Specialist
Therapeutic Massage Technical Diploma
This program offers an entry-level training program for learners interested in pursuing a professional career in massage therapy, or for health care providers looking to enhance their range of clinical skills and knowledge. Learners gain a comprehensive understanding of the human body and a high degree of technical skill, with an emphasis on personal and professional development, increased self-awareness and sensitivity.
- This program is taught at NTC’s Wausau Campus and can be completed in two semesters.
- Average starting salary: $19,680-$23,523 according to Lightcast
- Potential occupations include: Clinical Massage Therapist, Therapeutic Massage Technician, Soft Tissue Specialist, Certified Massage Therapist and License Massage Therapist
Nail Technology Certificate
This program will prepare learners to qualify to take the Wisconsin Manicurist License Examination. Learners will study basic nail terminology, skin anatomy, nail growth, disorders and diseases and will practice hand and foot nail care.
- This program is available at NTC’s Wausau Campus and can be completed in one semester.
- Potential occupations include: Nail Technician, Manicurist, Fingernail Technician, Nail Artist and Pedicurist
Pasture to Plate Butchery Certificate
This program will prepare learners to begin their career in the meat processing industry. Learn how to fabricate a variety of proteins, sausage and charcuterie products. Included in your training are the fundamentals of ethical harvest of livestock, butchery, meat curing and smoking and ServSafe sanitation certification. This certificate provides plenty of opportunities for hands-on learning in NTC’s new, state-of- the-art cold lab and mobile harvesting unit.
- You can complete this program in two semesters.
- Potential occupations include: Meat Cutter, Animal Processor and Butcher