- A current (non-expired) photo ID is required (Examples of a current photo ID include: driver's license, passport, Military ID or State ID)
- Accuplacer – This test measures a student’s academic skill level in the areas of arithmetic; quantitative reasoning, algebra and statistics; reading comprehension and writing.
- Fees: $25 for Accuplacer
- To prepare for the Accuplacer by the web based App or for My Foundations Lab, please visit http://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/students.
- Required admissions test scores vary by program.
To complete the Accuplacer at the Wausau campus, you can go to the Testing Center, C163, during our walk-in hours:
Monday: 8:00am – 6:00pm
Tuesday – Friday: 8:00am – 3:00pm
Accuplacer Testing is available at all of the regional campuses. To schedule your test, please call the appropriate number below.
Phillips: 715.339.4555 Ext. 7601
Past Accuplacer Scores
To request a copy of your Accuplacer Score, please complete the Test Score Release Form and return it to our office with the appropriate fee (see form).
Accuplacer Retest Policy
Within any three-month period, test candidates are permitted an initial test and one retest. There must be a two-week waiting period between the initial test and the retest. Test candidates who do not pass the retest must wait three months from the date of the initial test.
Apprenticeship Testing is available only at the Wausau Campus.
- Apprenticeship test battery consists of five parts: 1. mechanical reasoning, 2. spatial relations, 3. arithmetic, 4. quantitative reasoning, algebra and statistics, and 5. reading comprehension
- Mechanical Reasoning – the Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Test (BMCT) is the most widely used and trusted assessment of mechanical aptitude. The test measures mechanical reasoning ability and working knowledge of basic mechanical operations and physical laws
- Spatial Relations – The Differential Aptitude Test: Next Generation measures the ability to visualize a three-dimensional object from a two dimensional pattern, and to visualize how this object would look if rotated in space. Space relations predict success in positions that require the ability to mentally create and manipulate images derived from written plans.
- Accuplacer – This test measures a student’s academic skill level in the areas of arithmetic; quantitative reasoning, algebra and statistics and reading comprehension.
- Fees: $25 for Accuplacer, $25 for Bennett Mechanical, $25 for Spatial Relations
- Scores for all three tests will be available within 3 business days.
- For more information, go to: https://accuplacer.collegeboard.org/educator/about-accuplacer
To complete apprenticeship testing please schedule an exam.
Prometric — ASE (Automotive Service Excellence)
Prometric — ASE Testing is available only at the Wausau Campus.
ASE is an independent, non-profit organization, and since 1972 have worked to improve the quality of vehicle repair and service by testing and certifying repair and service professionals. Auto technicians and other professionals who want to become ASE certified can take one or more of ASE’s 40+ exams. The exams are grouped into specialties such as automobile, medium/heavy truck, truck equipment, school bus, collision repair, and more.
For more information go to: https://www.ase.com/home.aspx
You must register with ASE and provide payment of tests to obtain your ASE identification number. Once you registered with ASE, please schedule an exam with us.
Certiport Testing (Microsoft Office, Intuit Quickbooks)
No proctor fee for WTCS students; $25 otherwise.
More information on Certiport testing can be found at http://www.certiport.com
Complete Certiport testing at the Wausau campus with the following steps:
- Purchase an exam voucher: visit Ceritport at http://shop.certiport.com
- Once you've purchased a voucher, schedule an exam.
Certiport Testing is available at all of the regional campuses. To schedule your test, please call the appropriate number below.
Phillips: 715.339.4555 Ext. 7601
Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centers in 175 countries.
Payment must be made at the time of scheduling. Registration for Pearson VUE testing can be completed through the Pearson view website: http://www.pearsonvue.com/
Test-Proctoring for Non-NTC Students
There is no fee for students in the Wisconsin Technical College system. For non-WTCS students the fee is $25 per exam.
If you are a distance student at another college or need to take an exam for a certification course, please request proctoring services at the Wausau campus, by completing the proctoring service request form.
Other NTC Campuses
Proctoring services are also available at our regional campuses. Please contact the campus where you would like to test to request proctoring.