Band Saw Filer 8 Credit Certificate
The Band Saw Filer Certificate program is a hands-on intensive training that prepares learners for careers in the saw filing profession. In just 4 weeks, students will learn proven procedures to effectively bench, fit, and repair saws while learning to properly align band mills to increase saw longevity and sawing accuracy. Learners will practice these fundamental skills under the direction of our expert instructor utilizing NTC’s modern saw filing facility.
*NTC offers the only accredited Band Saw Filing Certificate program in the United States.
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Maintain, align, and time band saw grinders
- Use measuring tools and equipment
- Apply trade-based formulas
- Bench band saws (level and tension)
- Fit band saws (swage, shape, and grind)
- Weld band saws using MIG and Oxy Acetylene torch equipment
- Maintain saw guides
- Align band mill
- Practice personal safety when handling saws
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Band Saw Filer
The Band Saw Filer Certificate is a 8 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.View All Detailed Course Information
Meet Our Instructor
Mitch White is a nationally known saw filing expert with 45 years of experience and a diverse background encompassing both the softwood and hardwood sawmilling industries. Coming from a large family of saw filers, Mitch learned at an early age the critical benching and fitting techniques required to prepare and repair saws for multiple sawmills. After 30 years of working as a Head Saw Filer for various mills, Mitch joined SawPro Inc. as a Saw Filing Consultant and travels coast to coast and border to border training saw filers, setting-up saw filing rooms, and solving complex sawing related problems. Mitch has been heavily involved in the development of NTC’s new Band Saw Filer program and looks forward to sharing his knowledge and proven saw filing techniques with program students to develop the next generation of Saw Filers.
- SawPro Inc. Kalispell, MT – Saw Filing Consultant
- Intermountain Saw Filers Education Association – Former President & Board of Director
- Western Saw Filers Education Association – Member