Intro to Education 9 Credit Certificate
The Intro to Education Certificate is designed for learners interested in working in an educational environment supporting teachers and students.
This certificate provides an introduction to historical and current education practices, the use of technology in education, and how children and adolescents develop.
All courses ladder into the Foundations of Teacher Education Associate Degree.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Graduates will be able to…
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of how to identify and utilize effective technology
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of how children and adolescents develop, including environmental influences
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of how to support teachers within an educational setting (e.g., classroom management)
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Substitute Paraeducator in Non-Title 1 Funded Schools
- Paraeducator in Non-Title 1 Funded Schools
The Intro to Education Certificate is a 9 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.View All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.