Manufacturing Fundamentals 8 Credit Certificate
The Manufacturing Fundamentals Certificate is designed to prepare students to apply the basic skills required to work in the manufacturing field. Learners will be able to apply the concepts of Lean into manufacturing processes, and learn how measurements and standardization improve operations.
This certificate is offered during the fall semester only and fully ladders into the Manufacturing Engineering Technology Associate Degree Program. Courses in this technical diploma will also serve as significant choices as electives for other NTC Technical and Trades associate degree programs.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Understand manufacturing processes
- Apply lean manufacturing concepts
- Utilize measuring systems
- Read prints
The Manufacturing Fundamentals Certificate is a 8 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Manufacturing Fundamentals Certificate Earns You:
- 13% of the total credits in the Manufacturing Engineering Technology Associate Degree (8 of 63 credits)
- 40% of the total credits in the Quality Manufacturing Technical Diploma (8 of 20 credits)
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.