Advanced EMT 4 Credit Technical Diploma
The Advanced EMT (AEMT) Technical Diploma program participates in clinical experiences beyond the Emergency Medical Technician level. Emergency Medical Technicians are trained to perform medical procedures, transport patients and provide pre-hospital care. AEMT learners will gain skills in IV access and fluid therapy as well as administration of Dextrose, Narcan, Atrovent, Epinephrine and Nitroglycerin.
A State of Wisconsin EMT license is required for participation in this program. Upon program completion, learners will be eligible to take the NREMT exam.
Found in These Career Fields:
Program Overview Video
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
- A State of Wisconsin EMT license is required for participation in this program.
- Current CPR certification is required prior to clinical placement. Accepted certifications include Professional Rescuer & Healthcare Provider (ARC) or Healthcare Provider (AHA).
Graduates will be able to…
- Meet state competencies for AEMT certification
- Demonstrate professional behavior
- Communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate AEMT skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings to provide appropriate patient care
- Prepare for incident response and EMS Operations
Graduates will be ready to test for…
- the NREMT exam
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Emergency Department Technician
- Advanced EMT
The Advanced EMT Technical Diploma is a 4 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.View All Detailed Course Information
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.