Emergency Medical Technician 5 Credit Technical Diploma
The Emergency Medical Technician Technical Diploma program prepares learners to provide emergency medical care to the sick or injured at the scene and en route to the hospital. The focus of the program is on how to assess many varying emergency situations to determine what patient care is needed and to provide the necessary care.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Program Overview Video
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Meet state competencies for EMR certification
- Meet state competencies for EMT certification
- Demonstrate professional behavior
- Communicate effectively with others
- Demonstrate EMT skills associated with established standards and procedures for a variety of patient encounters
- Integrate pathophysiological principles and assessment findings to provide appropriate patient care
- Prepare for incident response and EMS Operations
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Emergency Medical Responder
- Emergency Department Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
The Emergency Medical Technician Technical Diploma is a 5 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Emergency Medical Technician Technical Diploma Earns You:
- 18% of the total credits in the Fire Science Technical Diploma (5 of 28 credits)
NTC's Emergency Medical Technician Technical Diploma is designed to meet the State of Wisconsin's licensing criteria. However, NTC has not made a determination whether this program meets licensure requirements in states other than Wisconsin. Students who may be seeking professional licensure or certification in states other than Wisconsin should contact the appropriate licensing board in that state to verify that the NTC program meets licensure or certification requirements.
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- Current CPR certification is required prior to clinical placement. Accepted certifications include Professional Rescuer & Healthcare Provider (ARC) or Healthcare Provider (AHA).
- This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
- There are other costs that may be associated with this program, including: Background Check ($10), Uniform for EMT Part 2 course ($90 - $220), National Registry Written Exam for EMR Certification after successful completion of EMR/EMT Part 1 course ($85), National Registry Psychomotor (Skills) Exam ($175) for EMT License after successful completion of EMT Part 2 course, National Registry Written Exam ($98) for EMT License after successful completion of EMT Part 2 course. Additional costs may be incurred for obtaining CPR certification.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.