Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic39 Credit Technical Diploma
The Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Technical Diploma program prepares learners to manage emergency patient care and treatment by performing comprehensive patient assessments, using critical thinking skills, providing advanced cardiac life support, administering various medications and performing advanced skills and interventions.
Learners in this program are given several options of career and educational growth. Skills after graduation include identifying, caring for and treating a wide variety of medical situations that include Advanced Cardiac Life Support and pre-hospital trauma care. Learners will also have the opportunity to work in a variety of environments such as fire departments, hospital emergency rooms, private ambulance services and industrial medicine. Completion of this program will both advance learner skills and open new doors for learners in both management and administrative positions.
Must be a licensed EMT to enroll in the Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic Technical Diploma program. This program prepares learners for National Registry Certification as a Paramedic, which is required for licensure in the state of Wisconsin.
As an Embedded Technical Diploma, this program ladders fully into the Paramedic Technician Associate Degree program.
Accreditation Information: The Paramedic Technician Technical Diploma program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). Graduates are eligible for national certification and Wisconsin licensure as an EMT-Paramedic.
Approximate Program Cost
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- Students must be a Licensed EMT-B in order to enroll in this program. Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification will also be required during this program.
- This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
- There are other costs that may be associated with this program, including: Uniforms ($90 - $220), Background Check ($10), Health Document Verification ($45 - $50), National Registry Psychomotor (Skills) Exam ($225), National Registry Written Exam ($125) and Field Internship Student Data Acquisition Project ($26.25). Additional costs may be incurred for immunizations and test or obtaining CPR certification/recertification.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
Then, submit one of the following
Documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail, addressed to: Northcentral Technical College, ATTN: Admissions, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401, or delivered in person to any NTC campus.
- High school transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Contact the high school you attended if you do not have a copy of your transcript.
- ACT composite score of 16 or above. Request an ACT College Report from ACT or contact the high school you graduated from if you do not have a copy on hand.
- Accuplacer scores. Score requirements vary by program and version of the Accuplacer test that was taken. For more details, please contact Admissions. If you did not take the Accuplacer at NTC, contact the college at which you took it to obtain a copy of your scores.
- College transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 over a minimum of 12 credits, earned at a single college.
If you do not meet any one of the above criteria, don’t worry, complete the application anyway and we will contact you to discuss your options.
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be emailed to you.