Industrial Electronics and Maintenance Technician 27 Credit Technical Diploma
The Industrial Electronics & Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma program prepares learners to use and maintain common electrical/electronic devices and instruments.
Graduates will be prepared to work with journeymen electricians and electromechanical technicians to perform the basic installation, maintenance and repair activities on industrial electronic equipment. This equipment includes motors, motor control systems and programmable logic controllers.
The program's electronics concentration includes practical experience in troubleshooting with the necessary theory of electronic circuits. Additional maintenance applications include pneumatic and hydraulic power, mechanisms and mechanical devices.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
Courses for this program may be available at a variety of campus locations through multiple modes of delivery if you meet the admission requirements and prerequisites.
* Campus and online availability of courses and programs may be subject to change.
Graduates will be able to…
- Develop programs to operate and monitor automated equipment
- Demonstrate basic hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge
- Demonstrate machine control understanding
- Demonstrate configuration of computer controlled equipment
- Demonstrate necessary mathematical skills
- Troubleshoot electrical/electronic systems
- Perform tests using common electronic equipment
- Analyze electronic circuits
- Read and interpret electrical/electronic drawings
- Use the terminology in the field of electronics
- Apply safety policies, standards, practices and procedures to the industrial environment
Some of the potential careers graduates can pursue are:
- Electrical Repairer
- Electronics Repairer
- Maintenance Technician
- Electrical and Electronics Repairer
- Electrical Apprentice
- Millwright Apprentice
- Mechanical Technician Apprentice
- Electronics Technician
The Industrial Electronics and Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma is a 27 Credit program. The following is a typical semester breakdown of the courses within the program.
* College 101 (10-890-165) is not part of the program credit requirements but is a College Requirement for graduation that must be passed with a “C” or better.
Credit for Prior Learning AvailableView All Detailed Course Information
Pathways are a series of connected programs that enable you to advance over time to better jobs and higher levels of education and training. By earning one degree, you could also be completing several courses of a related program in a pathway, bringing you one step closer to an advanced degree.
Completing the Industrial Electronics and Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma Earns You:
- 44% of the total credits in the Electromechanical Technology Associate Degree (27 of 61 credits)
If you begin with one of the following programs, you will earn significant credit towards this Industrial Electronics and Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma:
- The Electrical Maintenance Certificate will provide you with 33% (9 of 27 credits) of the total credits in this Industrial Electronics and Maintenance Technician Technical Diploma
Cost of Attendance
2023-2024 Estimated Academic Year Budgeted Cost of Attendance
The estimated Cost of Attendance (COA) is a budget that includes categories of expenses that a student can expect to incur while attending college. The COA does not reflect actual charges. It is an average based on the estimated living costs typical of our region. In determining the cost of attendance, Northcentral Technical College uses the budget established by the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) Financial Aid Budget Work Group. This budget is used to determine financial need for all students who apply for financial aid. A student's cost of attendance is composed of all educational expenses that can be included for financial aid purposes that a student may accrue while pursuing their education for the year (or semester, if enrolled less than a year). A student's financial aid cannot exceed their cost of attendance. Schools are required to provide a fuller picture of what it may cost students to pursue their degree, not just what they will owe in tuition/fees and books/supplies.
|Expenses||Student Living With Parents (Home)||Student Living on Own (Other)|
|Full-time Tuition (based on a total of 30 credits, 15 credits fall and 15 credits spring)||
|Living Expenses (Housing & Food)||$4,052||$9,614|
|Books / Supplies||$2,061||$2,061|
|Total Estimated Cost Of Attendance||
* Tuition listed is based on approved rates for the 2022-2023 academic year with a projected base increase of 1.65%. Rates are approved each March by the Wisconsin Technical College System Board and estimated budgets are updated at that time.
Students with dependent care, computer or study abroad expenses should contact the Financial Aid Office to document allowable expenses which may serve to increase their COA.
Students awarded Federal Direct Loan(s) also have an average of the mandatory loan fees automatically added to their COA.
Students with disability-related expenses may contact the Financial Aid Office to have their additional expenses considered. Disability-related expenses include but are not limited to: personal assistance, equipment, and supplies. The Financial Aid Office may potentially include disability expenses in the COA that are not provided by other assisting agencies.
NTC also offers a Net Price Calculator to help estimate costs.
For more information regarding billed tuition and fees visit https://www.ntc.edu/admissions/tuition-fees
We’re happy to answer any questions you may have about how the financial aid process works. Please feel free to reach out for more information.
NTC Financial Aid Office
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.