Grants are funds that typically do not have to be repaid if you attend your classes throughout the semester. Grants are typically based on need, with your eligibility being determined by your FAFSA results.

It’s very important to apply early for grants, as earlier applications can take priority in certain circumstances. Grant funding can come from federal or state sources.

Federal Grants

The U.S. Department of Education offers a variety of federal grants to students attending college. As an NTC student, you may be eligible for the following grants.

Pell Grant

These grants are awarded to undergraduate students enrolled in a minimum of one credit who have high financial need, based on their expected family contribution (EFC). The actual amount awarded varies based on the number of credits you take.

The Pell Chart shows how much in Pell grant a student can receive based on their Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) and enrollment status.

Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

The SEO grant is awarded to students with exceptional financial need, and gives priority to those who received Federal Pell Grants. The maximum award is $500 per academic year, and you must be enrolled in at least six credits.

Wisconsin State Aid

Many grants are available through the state of Wisconsin. Below are some of the options most commonly used by NTC students. You can learn more about these grants through the State of Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board.

  • Wisconsin Grant
  • Indian Student Assistance Grant
  • Minority Undergraduate Student Retention Grant
  • Talent Incentive Program (TIP)
  • Hearing & Visually Handicapped Student Grant
  • Academic Excellence Scholarship
  • Technical Excellence Scholarship
  • Governor’s Dairy Scholarship
  • Nursing Student Loan