The NTC Promise provides free college tuition for qualified local high school graduates in the NTC district. This opportunity helps high school seniors realize their dreams of attending college while reducing financial barriers and ensuring a skilled workforce for our communities.
Through the generosity of the NTC Foundation, businesses and individual donors, the cost of tuition and fees will be covered by donated funds after federal and state financial aid (excluding loans and work-study) and scholarships have been applied.
We will provide up to five consecutive semesters of tuition free attendance for qualified students (up to 15 credits per semester; does not include summer semester) who meet ongoing requirements, in addition to individual guidance and support from a dedicated advisor.
Communicating with you allowed me to seek what I really want to do and as much as I love teaching, hopefully getting into the dental hygiene program this year and continuing my education further, I would like to actually be a dental hygiene professor. I hope many more students become part of the program and get the opportunity to explore careers just like me!
Qualifications for the NTC Promise
Apply for the NTC Promise between September 1, 2023 – May 31, 2024
In order to participate in the NTC Promise, you will be expected to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for academic year 2024-2025 and be income eligible. For questions or assistance with completing FAFSA, please contact the NTC Financial Aid Office at 715.803.1647; email@example.com
- Graduate as part of the 2024 graduating class (including Alternative High School graduates)
- Graduate from a high school in the NTC district, or Reside in the NTC district by August 1, 2024, or Have earned 3 credits through NTC Dual Credit
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA after junior year
- Apply to a financial aid eligible program and register for classes by June 30, 2024
Apply for Financial Aid
This process will verify that you, and your selected academic program at NTC, are eligible for federal and Wisconsin financial aid; and that your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is $4,000 or lower.
The Federal Student Aid Estimator is a free tool that can be used to estimate your family’s Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and what you may be eligible to receive in federal student aid: https://studentaid.gov/aid-estimator/.
Apply for the NTC Promise
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application and we will follow up with you to walk you through the next steps.