Financial Aid : The NTC Promise
We’re pleased to announce our new initiative providing free college tuition for qualified 2021 high school graduates in the NTC District.
This opportunity will help local high school seniors realize their dreams of attending college while reducing financial barriers and ensuring a skilled workforce for our communities.
What is the NTC Promise?
Through the generosity of the NTC Foundation, businesses and individual donors, the cost of tuition and fees will be covered by donated funds after federal and state financial aid (excluding loans and work-study) and scholarships have been applied.
We will provide up to four consecutive semesters of tuition free attendance for qualified students (up to 15 credits per semester; does not include summer semester) who meet ongoing requirements, in addition to individual guidance and support from a dedicated advisor.
Learn more by scheduling an appointment
Receive one-on-one attention as you get started and have your questions answered. Our financial aid team will also be available to provide free FAFSA assistance.
Apply for the NTC Promise
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application and we will follow up with you to walk you through the next steps.
In order to participate in the NTC Promise, you will be expected to:
- Be a 2021 on-time high school graduate
- Graduate from a high school in the NTC district or reside in the NTC district by August 1, 2021 or have earned three credits through NTC Dual Credit.
- Achieve a minimum 2.0 GPA during the 2020–2021 academic year (senior year of high school)
- Have a 90 percent attendance rate during the 2020–2021 academic year (senior year of high school)
- Apply for the NTC Promise between September 1, 2020 – May 15, 2021
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1, 2021 (this process will verify that you, and your selected academic program, are eligible for federal and Wisconsin financial aid, and that your Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is $3,000 or lower)
- Achieve a minimum composite score of 16 on the ACT (test completed by May 1, 2021) and fulfill program admission requirements
Note: For the 2020-2021 high school year, NTC will accept a 2.5 cumulative GPA + completion of three credits through NTC Dual Credit in place of ACT score.
- meet eligibility requirements for federal and Wisconsin financial aid
- Select an academic program that meets eligibility requirements for federal and Wisconsin financial aid
- register for classes as a full-time student by June 21, 2021