The Dairy Science Associate Degree program provides a well-rounded, real-world understanding of the business of dairy production. The agriculture classes are taught at the Agriculture Center of Excellence, which houses a production dairy farm operation. Throughout the program, students are participating in a variety of activities at the farm. Classroom instruction is combined with hands-on learning opportunities to expose students to a wide-range of farming practices. In addition, students will complete two internship work experiences. Jobs in this field are generally physical and require the strength to lift and carry 50 pounds. Learners interested in this career should have above average computer skills. Additionally, learners looking to be successful in this occupation should have the aptitude to work with animals and possess good oral, reading and writing skills. Potential occupations include: Agriculture Product Sales and Marketing, Agriculture Promotion, Agriculture Tourism, Livestock Buyer/Seller/Owner, Agriculture Worker/Herdsman, Farm Owner, Artificial Insemination Technician, Breed Association Representative, Feed Mill Worker, Agriculture Inspector, Agriculture Laboratory Specialist.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo General Studies Only
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$13,863 (Tuition: $10978, Books: $2885)
Average Starting Salary$21,174 According to Economic Modeling Specialists International.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Demonstrate good working skills
- Develop the entrepreneurial skills to begin their own dairy production business
- Assist with planning and facilitating activities that support agriculture
- Summarize the stages of agriculture timelines and planning development
- Demonstrate increased awareness of sound environmental practices
- Apply Best Management Practices (BMP) to optimize production, finances, social and environmental aspect of production agriculture
- Demonstrate communication techniques
- Incorporate information from written documents, legal documents, professional literature and reports
- Agriculture Product Sales and Marketing
- Agriculture Promotion
- Agriculture Tourism
- Livestock Buyer/Seller/Owner
- Agriculture Worker/Herdsman
- Farm Owner
- Artificial Insemination Technician
- Breed Association Representative
- Feed Mill Worker
- Agriculture Inspector
- Agriculture Laboratory Specialist
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Take a Virtual Tour
Get an idea of what it’s like to be a student in the Dairy Science program, and explore the NTC facilities.
Additional program Information
A Day On The Farm
View a series of videos that illustrate the daily activities at the Agriculture Center of Excellence.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email email@example.com.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.