Dental Hygienist71 Credit Associate Degree
The Dental Hygienist Associate Degree program prepares individuals for a career as a Dental Hygienist. The Dental Hygienist is a member of the dental team and helps individuals maintain oral health and prevent oral diseases. Under the supervision of a dentist, the hygienist inspects the mouth, removes stains and deposits from teeth, applies preventative agents, prepares clinical and diagnostic tests, completes dental x-rays and performs many other services related to oral care. Dental Hygienists counsel patients about preventive measures such as nutrition, oral hygiene and dental care.
After graduating from an accredited program, Dental Hygienist graduates are required to successfully complete comprehensive written and clinical examinations given under the direction of the State Dentistry Examining Board, the American Dental Associations Joint Commission.
Please note: General Anatomy & Physiology (10-806-177) must be passed with a grade of "C" or better prior to submitting a petition for admission into this program.
Accreditation Information: The Dental Hygiene Associate Degree program is accredited by the American Dental Association Commission On Dental Accreditation (CODA), 211 E. Chicago Ave, Chicago, IL 60611; telephone 800.232.6108; www.ADA.org/CODA.
Found in These Career Fields:
Approximate Program Cost
This program has no waitlist, but uses a competitive admissions process.
Media from the Dental Hygienist Program
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification is required prior to starting program courses or within the timeframe discussed at program orientation. Accepted certifications include BLS CPR from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- After admission to the college, you will be considered a pre-dental student. Students are eligible to submit a financial aid application at this point and can work to complete general education courses as laid out in the program curriculum. Students interested in beginning the core clinical dental program courses will submit an online form during designated petition dates. This program only starts during the fall semester, therefore the petition dates will be each spring semester.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. There is no fee to apply.Apply Now
Then, submit one of the following
Documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail, addressed to: Northcentral Technical College, ATTN: Admissions, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401, or delivered in person to any NTC campus.
- High school transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Contact the high school you attended if you do not have a copy of your transcript.
- ACT composite score of 18 or above. Request an ACT College Report from ACT or contact the high school you graduated from if you do not have a copy on hand.
- Accuplacer scores. Score requirements vary by program and version of the Accuplacer test that was taken. For more details, please contact Admissions. If you did not take the Accuplacer at NTC, contact the college at which you took it to obtain a copy of your scores.
- College transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 over a minimum of 12 credits, earned at a single college.
If you do not meet any one of the above criteria, don’t worry, complete the application anyway and we will contact you to discuss your options.
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be emailed to you.