Medical Laboratory Technician 64 Credit* Associate Degree
At career entry, the medical laboratory technician will be able to perform routine clinical laboratory tests (such as hematology, clinical chemistry, immunohematology, microbiology, serology/immunology, coagulation, molecular, and other emerging diagnostics) as the primary analyst making specimen oriented decisions on predetermined criteria, including a working knowledge of critical values.
Communications skills will extend to frequent interactions with members of the healthcare team, external relations, customer service and patient education. The level of analysis ranges from waived and point of care testing to complex testing encompassing all major areas of the medical laboratory. The medical laboratory technician will have diverse functions in areas of preanalytical, analytical, post-analytical processes. The medical laboratory technician will have responsibilities for information processing, training, and quality control monitoring wherever medical laboratory testing is performed.
Accreditation Information: The Medical Laboratory Technician Associate Degree program is accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), 5600 North River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018, 773.714.8880.
Program Overview Video
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification is required prior to starting program courses or within the timeframe discussed at program orientation. Accepted certifications include BLS CPR from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. The $30.00 application fee is being waived at this time.Apply Now
Then, submit one of the following
Documentation can be sent via email to email@example.com, via mail, addressed to: Northcentral Technical College, ATTN: Admissions, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401, or delivered in person to any NTC campus.
- High school transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Contact the high school you attended if you do not have a copy of your transcript.
- ACT composite score of 18 or above. Request an ACT College Report from ACT or contact the high school you graduated from if you do not have a copy on hand.
- Accuplacer scores. Score requirements vary by program and version of the Accuplacer test that was taken. For more details, please contact Admissions. If you did not take the Accuplacer at NTC, contact the college at which you took it to obtain a copy of your scores.
- College transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 over a minimum of 12 credits, earned at a single college.
If you do not meet any one of the above criteria, don’t worry, complete the application anyway and we will contact you to discuss your options.
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.