The Automotive Technician Technical Diploma program provides entry-level skills needed in automobile service and repair. Learners will make a quick and accurate diagnosis of the problem and make necessary adjustments and repairs. The Automotive Technician Technical Diploma program is accredited as a Master Automobilie Service Technician (MAST) program. The highest obtainable automotive program level by the National Automotive Technician's Education Foundation (NATEF). Potential occupations include: Automotive Technician, Drivability Technician, Tune-Up Technician, Fuel System Technician, Alignment Technician, Brake Technician and Air Conditioning Technician.
program at a Glance
- Wausau Fully Available
- Antigo General Studies Only
- Medford General Studies Only
- Phillips General Studies Only
- Spencer General Studies Only
- Wittenberg General Studies Only
Approximate Cost$10,069 (Tuition: $8761, Books: $1308)
Average Starting Salary$24,482 According to Economic Modeling Specialists International.
Chat with Us
Do you have a question about program offerings or getting started at NTC? Our staff can guide you in the right direction!
Unsure which offering is best for you?
Apply as an undecided student. You can begin taking classes while working one-on-one with an advisor to help you determine your best fit.
Northcentral Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Equal Opportunity Officer, Northcentral Technical College, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401. Phone: 715.803.1057
- Demonstrate professionalism appropriate for the auto service industry
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive internal combustion engines
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive transmission/transaxle systems
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive manual drive train and axles systems
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive steering and suspension steering systems
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive brake systems
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive electrical/electronic systems
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive heating and air conditioning systems
- Perform diagnosis, service and repair of automotive engine performance systems
- Automotive Technician
- Drivability Technician
- Tune-Up Technician
- Fuel System Technician
- Alignment Technician
- Brake Technician
- Air Conditioning Technician
To view the amount of credits or descriptions for the courses required within this program please view the course list.Course List
Take a Virtual Tour
Get an idea of what it’s like to be a student in the Automotive Technician program, and explore the NTC facilities.
Additional program Information
Maintaining a valid and clean driving record is important for your success in this industry.
Credits earned at NTC may transfer to four-year colleges and universities. Visit www.ntc.edu/transfer for a complete listing of transfer opportunities for this program.
Submit your online application today at www.ntc.edu/apply
For more information on this program, contact admissions at 715.675.3331 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re ready to get started, just fill out our online application. If not, request more information and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.