What is Apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship is an earn while you learn opportunity. Apprenticeship combines on-the-job training and related classroom instruction, all while getting paid!
Apprenticeship allows you to grow into your profession while learning the skills needed to succeed in a high-demand career. Apprenticeship is a unique workforce solution for both employers and job seekers.
Explore NTC’s apprenticeships programs and find the one that fits your needs!
How Does Apprenticeship Work?
- Apprenticeship is a partnership between:
- An employer who offers on-the-job training / apprenticeship position
- The apprentice who agrees to work for the employer
- A technical college or training group who offers the related instruction
- The State of Wisconsin, Department of Workforce Development, Bureau of Apprenticeship and Standards
- The apprentice works with a variety of skilled workers for a specified number of year/hours.
- Each apprentice is required to take designated related instruction throughout their apprenticeship, usually provided through the technical college.
- Apprenticeship training may also require additional courses, usually offered on evenings or weekends.
Ready to Get Started or Want to Learn More?
In order to get started, you must meet the application requirements for your specific apprenticeship program. For more information about the process, contact our Admissions team.