Veterinary Technician 65 Credit* Associate Degree
The Veterinary Technician Associate Degree program will prepare learners with the skills necessary to provide medical and nursing care for a variety of animal species including dogs, cats, cattle, birds, pigs, small mammals, horses, and reptiles. Classroom instruction is combined with hands-on learning opportunities to expose learners to the essential functions and skills they will need to be successful in this career. Learners will have the opportunity to work closely with the NTC dairy farm operation and take several classes concentrating on dairy medicine and will also complete an internship in a veterinary practice to apply their learning in real world situations. Jobs in this field are generally physical and require the strength to lift and carry 50 pounds. Learners interested in this career should have a strong background in biological sciences. Additionally, learners looking to be successful in this occupation should have the aptitude to work with animals, possess good oral and written communication skills, and have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
This program has no waitlist, but uses a competitive admissions process.
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- After admission to the college, you will be considered a pre-veterinary technician student. Students are eligible to submit a financial aid application at this point and can work to complete general education and prerequisite courses as laid out in the program curriculum. Students interested in beginning the core veterinary technician program courses will submit an online form during designated petition dates.
- The majority of the courses in this program take place at NTC’s Agriculture Center of Excellence, located at 6625 County Road K, Wausau, WI.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. The $30.00 application fee is being waived at this time.Apply Now
Then, submit one of the following
Documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail, addressed to: Northcentral Technical College, ATTN: Admissions, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401, or delivered in person to any NTC campus.
- High school transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Contact the high school you attended if you do not have a copy of your transcript.
- ACT composite score of 18 or above. Request an ACT College Report from ACT or contact the high school you graduated from if you do not have a copy on hand.
- Accuplacer scores. Score requirements vary by program and version of the Accuplacer test that was taken. For more details, please contact Admissions. If you did not take the Accuplacer at NTC, contact the college at which you took it to obtain a copy of your scores.
- College transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 over a minimum of 12 credits, earned at a single college.
If you do not meet any one of the above criteria, don’t worry, complete the application anyway and we will contact you to discuss your options.
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.