Medical Assistant 32-33 Credit* Technical Diploma
The Medical Assistant Technical Diploma program prepares individuals to be multi-skilled health professionals specifically educated to assist healthcare clinicians in their offices or other ambulatory medical settings. Medical Assistants perform a wide range of administrative, clinical and laboratory duties. Administrative responsibilities may include patient reception, appointment scheduling, record keeping, filing, billing, transcription and electronic medical records documentation. Laboratory responsibilities may include specimen collection, performance of basic laboratory tests and microscopic analysis. Clinical responsibilities may include taking vital signs, assisting providers with examinations and surgery, medical and surgical asepsis, and administering ECGs and medications. The practice of medical assisting directly influences the public’s health and well-being and requires a mastery of a complex body of knowledge with specialized skills requiring formal education and practical experience that serve as standards for entry into the profession. Northcentral Technical College's Medical Assistant Technical Diploma program goal is to prepare competent, entry level Medical Assistants in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills) and affective (behavior) learning domains.
Accreditation Information: The Medical Assistant Technical Diploma program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB). Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, 9355 113th St. N, #7709, Seminole, FL 33775, 727.210.2350.
Please note: This program is subject to the Clock-to-Credit Hour Conversion and will not be eligible for full financial aid funding based on the program’s credit hours.
Program Overview Video
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification is required prior to starting program courses or within the timeframe discussed at program orientation. Accepted certifications include BLS CPR from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. The $30.00 application fee is being waived at this time.Apply Now
Then, submit one of the following
Documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail, addressed to: Northcentral Technical College, ATTN: Admissions, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401, or delivered in person to any NTC campus.
- High school transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Contact the high school you attended if you do not have a copy of your transcript.
- ACT composite score of 16 or above. Request an ACT College Report from ACT or contact the high school you graduated from if you do not have a copy on hand.
- Accuplacer scores. Score requirements vary by program and version of the Accuplacer test that was taken. For more details, please contact Admissions. If you did not take the Accuplacer at NTC, contact the college at which you took it to obtain a copy of your scores.
- College transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 over a minimum of 12 credits, earned at a single college.
If you do not meet any one of the above criteria, don’t worry, complete the application anyway and we will contact you to discuss your options.
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.