Competitive Admissions Process : Nursing
The Nursing program uses a competitive admissions process. The petition process is how you gain acceptance into the core classes for this health program.
Petitioning happens only during specific times during the year, but applications are accepted for programs with petition requirements at any time. When you are ready to get started in program specific courses and have met petition eligibility requirements, you will submit a petition and follow the process for your program to determine admittance to program classes.
To be eligible to petition, you must be enrolled in or have completed any petition prerequisites for your program.
- Nursing Assistant (CNA) with a grade of “C” or better
- General Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of “C” or better. A grade of “C-” does not meet grade requirements
- Submit official high school transcript with graduation date listed
Ready to Petition?
The petition process happens each spring and fall. To begin the process you will need to complete the online form. The online form will only be available on this page during the times listed below.
- Next petition form available: TBD
- HESI A2 Exam: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 – Saturday, June 17, 2023 for a Fall 2023 start.
We’ll review your form submission and make sure you meet all of the petition requirements. Then we will send you a letter outlining your next steps.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-803-1645.