Nursing 70 Credit* Associate Degree
Nursing is the dynamic interpersonal, goal-directed process that seeks to promote optimal health within the context of individuals, family, community and society. The concept of caring, which is central to nursing, is communicated through both attitude and action.
Nursing uses the nursing process, a problem solving approach, to provide holistic care to individuals, families and groups within the health care system. Nurses assess health and make clinical decisions to provide safe and effective nursing care according to standards of practice within the legal, ethical and regulatory frameworks. Nursing practice is based on its own body of knowledge. Through collaboration with other health care professionals, nursing is responsive to the needs of the community across the health-illness continuum.
Accreditation Information: The Nursing Associate Degree program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400, Atlanta, Georgia 30326; telephone 404.975.5000; https://www.acenursing.org.
This program has no waitlist, but uses a competitive admissions process.
Program Overview Video
Our application process takes just a few minutes to complete, but we want to make sure you have the things you’ll need on hand to complete the application. We’re here to help if you have any questions while submitting your application.
Before you apply, you should know
- This program may require a Criminal Background Check and/or Health Record. Acceptance to Northcentral Technical College will not be denied based on a criminal background or health record, however, a check may be required for placement at clinical sites or field experiences.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification is required prior to starting program courses or within the timeframe discussed at program orientation. Accepted certifications include BLS CPR from American Heart Association or American Red Cross.
- After admission to the college, you will be considered a pre-nursing student. Students are eligible to submit a financial aid application at this point and can work to complete general education courses as laid out in the program curriculum. Students interested in beginning the core clinical nursing program courses will submit an online form during designated petition dates.
- If you are a student at another college and are interested in transferring to NTC to complete your Nursing degree, please follow our Nursing Transfer Admissions Process.
- Students that were previously unsuccessful in the NTC Nursing Program and are seeking readmission will be required to demonstrate knowledge of previous course competencies and readiness to return to the program through our Nursing Readmissions Process.
Fill out our application
The application can be submitted online and takes just a few minutes to complete. The $30.00 application fee is being waived at this time.Apply Now
Then, submit one of the following
Documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, via mail, addressed to: Northcentral Technical College, ATTN: Admissions, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401, or delivered in person to any NTC campus.
- High school transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above. Contact the high school you attended if you do not have a copy of your transcript.
- ACT composite score of 18 or above. Request an ACT College Report from ACT or contact the high school you graduated from if you do not have a copy on hand.
- Accuplacer scores. Score requirements vary by program and version of the Accuplacer test that was taken. For more details, please contact Admissions. If you did not take the Accuplacer at NTC, contact the college at which you took it to obtain a copy of your scores.
- College transcript indicating a cumulative GPA of 2.5 over a minimum of 12 credits, earned at a single college.
If you do not meet any one of the above criteria, don’t worry, complete the application anyway and we will contact you to discuss your options.
We’ll review your application and let you know if we need anything else. If you’re all set, your acceptance letter will be mailed to you.