Transfer credit may be earned when you transfer from another institution to NTC.

Transferring From U.S. Based Institutions

The Student Records Office will determine if the credit you earned can be applied to your program by reviewing your official transcript from the regionally accredited institution(s) you previously attended. 

For a preliminary unofficial transfer evaluation, students are encouraged to use Transferology, a nationwide database of selected accredited institutions, including all Wisconsin Technical College System and University of Wisconsin System colleges, their courses and how those courses will transfer to NTC.

Get started by visiting Transferology to create your free account. Watch the “Welcome to Transferology” video to learn how to begin using Transferology.

Transferology includes only course transfer equivalencies previously evaluated and approved by NTC. If you do not see a specific course equivalency or match within Transferology from your previous college to NTC, please contact for additional evaluation and information. 

All accepted transfer credit will be recorded on the student’s record at NTC upon official evaluation by the Student Records Office. Accepted transfer credit is not used as part of NTC’s cumulative grade point average (GPA) calculation.

To be eligible for transfer, incoming courses must meet NTC course competencies and credit requirements with a grade of “C” (2.00 on a 4.00 scale) or better.  

A minimum of 25% of program degree credit requirements must be directly earned through graded coursework at NTC for program graduation. Students cannot obtain advanced standing, test out and/or transfer credit for more than 75% of the required program credits.

If you are accepted into a program/certificate, please contact the institution you previously attended and request that your official transcripts are sent directly to the Admissions Office, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401.

If you have not been accepted into a program/certificate yet, please contact our Admissions Office prior to submitting your official transcripts at 715.803.1645 or

Transferring From Internationally Based Institutions

If you earned credits outside of the U.S., we require international transcripts be assessed by a certified credential evaluator such as Educational Credential Evaluators.

Once your transcripts have been assessed, the official course-by-course evaluation report should be sent to Student Records, 1000 W. Campus Drive, Wausau, WI 54401.

For questions on international transcript evaluation please contact Student Records at