The Nursing program uses a competitive admissions process. The petition process is how you gain acceptance into the core classes for this health program.
Petitioning happens only during specific times during the year, but applications are accepted for programs with petition requirements at any time. When you are ready to get started in program specific courses and have met petition eligibility requirements, you will submit a petition and follow the process for your program to determine admittance to program classes.
To be eligible to petition, you must be enrolled in or have completed any petition prerequisites for your program.
- CNA with a grade of “C” or better
- General Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of “C” or better. A grade of “C-” does not meet grade requirements
- Submit official high school transcript with graduation date listed
Ready to Petition?
The petition process happens once or twice per year, depending on your program. To begin the process you will need to complete the online form. The online form will only be available on this page during the times listed below.
For a Potential Spring 2020 Program Start
- Next petition form available: September 30 - October 11, 2019
- HESI A2 Exam: Thursday, November 7, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. or Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 8:00 a.m.