FALL 2015 financial aid awards are being posted to students' myNTC accounts each week. Be sure to continue checking your NTC email for important updates!
Before financial aid can be processed...
Complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov.
You must be accepted into an eligible program AND enrolled in classes. Fall semester begins on August 24.
FAFSA SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION?
Aid cannot be processed until all requested documents have been received and reviewed.
- If your Student Aid Report (SAR) or our office sends a letter requesting taxes, you should log into your saved FAFSA and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information automatically & then re-submit and sign your FAFSA.
This brief video tutorial shows you step-by-step instructions on how to submit corrections on your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
IRS Data Retrieval Tool - 2015-2016 FAFSA
- If you need to request a tax transcript for financial aid verification purposes, please visit the IRS web site www.irs.gov and click on “Get a Tax Transcript by Mail” or call the Transcript toll-free line at 1-800-908-9946. The online Get Transcript service is unavailable.
FSA ID/PIN Replacement
FALL FINANCIAL AID POSTING:
- Watch myNTC accounts for award updates.
- Accept/Decline financial aid through myNTC, complete Entrance Counseling and sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN). Click here for directions.
- Additional loans for Fall may be requested by completing the Additional Loan Request form. If you request more than your eligibility allows, the loan will be certified to your maximum eligibility. Loans received in summer will reduce the amount available in future semesters. The interest rate for subsidized and unsubsidized loans with a first disbursement on or after 7/1/15 is 4.29%.
- September 11 = LOANS only
The book voucher process will open on Thursday, 9/10 at 6:00 PM, voucher creation will end on Friday, 9/11 at noon, and vouchers will expire on Saturday, 9/12 at noon.
- September 18 = PELL, other grants, and LOANS
The book voucher process will open again on Thursday, 9/17 at 6:00 PM, voucher creation will end on Friday, 9/18 at noon, and vouchers will expire on Saturday, 9/19 at noon.
- September 25 and beyond = 1 disbursement per week of Pell, other grants, and loans every Thursday
The book voucher process will open again on Monday, 7/13 at 8:00 AM, voucher creation will end on Tuesday, 7/14 at noon, and vouchers will expire on Wednesday, 7/15 at noon.
The book voucher process will open again on Thursday, 7/16 at 6:00 PM, voucher creation will end on Tuesday, 7/21 at noon, and vouchers will expire on Wednesday, 7/22 at noon.
Book vouchers for the summer semester will open one last time on Thursday, 7/23 at 6:00PM and will no longer be available beginning at noon on Friday, 7/24, and any active vouchers will expire at noon on Saturday, 7/25.
Financial Aid awards for late start students are based on the number of credits a student has on the initial day the student enrolled in classes. For example, a late start student enrolls in two 3 credit classes today, then adds two 3 credit classes the next day. Their financial aid award will only be based on the two 3 credit classes they enrolled in on their initial day of enrollment.
Financial aid funds are disbursed no later than 14 days after the first day of class that a student is scheduled to attend. If a grade of NS, W, or F is posted for a student or if a student receives a 100% or 80% refund, a student's financial aid award may be reduced accordingly.
Please read the Financial Aid Guide for important information regarding your financial aid.
Important financial aid notices are sent primarily through email. Check your email regularly!
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Best wishes for a great semester!
- Financial Aid