Attending FALL 2016?
Before financial aid can be processed...
Complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. The Federal School Code for NTC is 005387.
You must be accepted into an eligible program AND enrolled in classes. Open enrollment began Monday, April 11.
FAFSA SELECTED FOR VERIFICATION?
Aid cannot be processed until all requested documents have been received and reviewed.
- If our office sends a letter requesting taxes, you should log into your saved FAFSA and use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to import your tax information automatically. Then re-submit and sign your FAFSA. This brief video tutorial shows you step-by-step instructions on how to submit corrections on your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool: IRS Data Retrieval Tool - 2016-2017 FAFSA
- If you need to request a Tax Return Transcript for financial aid verification purposes, please visit the IRS web site at www.irs.gov . Click on “Get a tax transcript” followed by "Get Transcript Online" or "Get Transcript by Mail." You can also call the Transcript toll-free line at 1-800-908-9946.
FSA ID/PIN Replacement
FINANCIAL AID AWARD POSTING:
- SUMMER and FALL financial aid awards are being posted to myNTC accounts on a weekly basis.
- Accept/Decline financial aid through myNTC. Complete Entrance Counseling and sign a Master Promissory Note (MPN) for loans at www.studentloans.gov .
- Additional loans for SUMMER, FALL, and SPRING may be requested now by completing the Additional Loan Request form. If you request more than your eligibility allows, the loan will be certified to your maximum eligibility. Loans received in summer reduce the amount available in future semesters. The interest rate for subsidized and unsubsidized loans with a first disbursement on or after 7/1/16 to 6/30/2017 is 3.76%.
|Financial Aid Book Charging Fall 2016||Vouchers Expire|
|Please Note: Book Vouchers expire prior to running the following week’s financial aid refund process to avoid any late Campus Store charges that may not get deducted before that week’s financial aid refunds are processed and distributed to students.|
|FromMonday, July 25 @ 8:00 am toWednesday, August 31 @ 5:00 pm||Thursday, September 1 @ 10:00 am|
|FromThursday, September 8 @ 5:00 pm toFriday, September 9 @ 5:00 pm||Saturday, September 10 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, September 15 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, September 20 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, September 21 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, September 22 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, September 27 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, July 20 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, September 29 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, October 4 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, October 5 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, October 6 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, October 11 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, October 12 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, October 13 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, October 18 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, October 19 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, October 20 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, October 25 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, October 26 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, October 27 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, November 1 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, November 2 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, November 3 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, November 8 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, November 9 @12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, November 10 @ 5:00 pm toTuesday, November 15 @ 12:00 pm||Wednesday, November 16 @ 12:00 pm|
|FromThursday, November 17 @ 5:00 pm toSunday, November 20 @ 12:00 pm||Monday, November 21 @ 12:00 pm|
We're Partnering With BankMobile
Higher One, the company who was processing all financial aid refunds is now BankMobile Disbursements.
What does this mean for current students?
For current NTC students all Higher One accounts will seamlessly transition to BankMobile Vibe effective on June 1, 2016. No action will be required on your part! There will be no change in your account number and you do notneed to get a new bank card.
You can also now get cash off-campus without paying any fees at Allpoint ATM locations including: Target, CVS Pharmacy, Walgreens, 7-Eleven, and more! For a complete list of BankMobile Vibe ATMs, visit the Allpoint network ATM locator at http://www.allpointnetwork.com/
Please Note: Because of the new locations now available, the Higher One ATM in the Center for Health Sciences building was removed from service on May 4.
What does this mean for first-time students?
For first time NTC students if you are a newly matriculated student who has applied for financial aid and enrolled in classes, you will receive a selection kit in the mail (look for the green envelope) from BankMobile Disbursements once you are accepted into a financial aid eligible program and enrolled in classes. You must have a U.S. address on file in order to receive a selection kit. The selection kit contains a letter which includes a personal code.
Once you receive your Refund Selection Kit, follow these easy steps:
- Visit www.RefundSelection.com
- Enter your unique Personal Code
- Select how you’d like to receive your money
- Complete your profile
Financial Aid awards for late start students are based on the number of credits a student has on the initial day the student enrolled in classes. For example, a late start student enrolls in two 3 credit classes today, then adds two 3 credit classes the next day. Their financial aid award will only be based on the two 3 credit classes they enrolled in on their initial day of enrollment.
Financial aid funds are disbursed no later than 14 days after the first day of class that a student is scheduled to attend. If a grade of NS, W, or F is posted for a student or if a student receives a 100% or 80% refund, a student's financial aid award may be reduced accordingly.
Please read the Financial Aid Guide for important information regarding your financial aid.
Important financial aid notices are sent primarily through email. Check your email regularly!
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Best wishes for a great semester!
- Financial Aid