Navigating the financial aid process on your own can be difficult, but we can offer you the help you need. Every student who is planning to attend college next year needs to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) if they want to be considered for grants and loans.
College Goal Wisconsin
We’re proud to host College Goal Wisconsin events each year, which provide free, on-site professional assistance for completing your FAFSA. Those who attend and file a FAFSA will receive an entry into a drawing to win a scholarship.
At these events, we walk you through the application process in a step-by-step manner to ensure you’re filling out the form correctly.
In addition to College Goal Wisconsin events, we periodically host additional financial aid informational sessions that provide you with valuable information about ways you can fund your education.
NTC will host a College Goal Wisconsin Events in 2024:
- Thursday, February 1 @ 6pm (Wausau Campus) – Main Entrance
You will need the following items in order to complete your 2024-25 FAFSA. If you are considered a dependent student for financial aid purposes, you will also need these items for your parent(s):
- 2022 Federal Tax Return and W2s 2022 Untaxed Income Records, such as child support or veteran’s non-education benefits Information on savings, investments, business assets and farm assets (if applicable) Driver’s License (if you have one)
- Cell phone (if you have one)
- Social Security Number Alien Registration Card or Permanent Resident Card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Date of birth for parents
- Month and year of parents’ marriage, divorce, or separation.
- To create an FSA ID, please visit studentaid.gov.
- Every student and at least one parent if the student is considered a dependent student needs one
It is highly recommended that a dependent student attend the event with a parent so the FAFSA can be submitted that day.
College Goal Wisconsin is a statewide program that provides free information and assistance to families applying for college financial aid.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the Financial Aid Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit our Important Dates & Announcements page to view a list of our upcoming events.